Consulting for Aircraft System Development and Certification
We are seasoned experts with over 25 years of experience in aircraft development and certificaton to help you save costs and get your project approved faster.
✈️ EASA Independent External Expert for Aircraft Design
Our time is characterised by tremendous rates of innovations, coming along with a significant increase in product complexity.
Complexity requires a dedicated level of care even more in safety critical applications.
Our competences are to assist you in balancing your products adequately between customer needs and desires, safety, a manageable level of complexity, and innovation.
These are the key aspects and the prerequisites for the successful and long term establishment of your products on the market.
With over 25 years of experience on certification projects for Large Aircraft (CS-25) and Turbojet Engines (CS-E), let us help you develop and establish realistic, adequate and effective strategies and associated processes for the development of highly integrated, complex and safety critical aviation products and systems.
Our Fields of Expertise
Product Development and Certification
With our experience of 25 years we help you with the development and certification of highly integrated, complex and safety critical systems.
Establish and maintain a Safety Management System to keep your fleet flying safely in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
Training & Coaching
Get comprehensive training lessons and coaching programs assisting you to develop and to improve your organisation.
Standards & Regulations
We support you in complying with industry requirements
About Certification Office
” Safety is our motivation. Your success is the objective. “
We are a team of engineers who have gained their experiences over many years and over many projects in the aviation business on the subject of development of complex and safety critical systems on large transport aircraft and turbojet engines.
Our expertise is in the areas of project management, certification, design, testing and safety assessments of those products.
Our achievements are the development and certification of the TP400D6 Engine powering the Airbus A400M aircraft, the Rolls-Royce BR700-725A1-12 engine powering the Gulfstream G650 business jet aircraft and BR700-710D5-21 engine (The Pearl Engine) powering the Bombardier Global Express 6500 business jet aircraft.
We are actively involved in the development and EASA rulemaking tasks for future Hydrogen Fuel Cell / Electric powered Aircraft Technologies and UAV‘s.
Our powerful partners
Our experience and achievements
- System Design and Verification Airconditioning, Bleed Air and APU Airbus A340
- Setup of Engineering Support Department for Airbus A321 Final Assembly Line in Hamburg
- Flight Test Campaigns for Airbus A319/A320/321 and A330/340 at Airbus Flight Test Center in Toulouse
- Airbus A310 Cold Weather Trials under glacial climate conditions in Siberia – Yakutsk/Russia
- Airbus A320 Cold Weather Trials under glacial climate conditions in North Canada – Iqualuit/Canada
- Airbus A320 Hot and High Flight Trials in La Paz/Bolivia for APU Performance and Aircraft and Engine Take Off and Landing Performance
- A320 Hot Fuel Flight Trials under Sahara Summer Climate Conditions in Agadez/Niger
- Engineering support during aircraft delivery (side task)
- FADEC System Design and Simulation MATLAB/Simulink
- FADEC Verification on System Test Facilities and Engine Test during Rolls-Royce BR710 and BR715 Engines Development
- Development of Simulation Test Tools MATLAB/Simulink for FADEC for BR710 and BR715
- Bombardier Flight Test Center in Wichita/Kansas BR710 Engine Flight Tests
- Gulfstream Flight Test Center in Savannah/Georgia BR710 Engine Flight Tests
- Leading FADEC Part of Certification of BR700-725A1-12 and BR700-710D5-21 (Pearl 15) Engine
- Conducting of Stage of Involvement– 2 and – 3 Audits for Software (DO-178B and C) and Airborne Electronic Hardware (DO-254) during BR700-725A1-12 and BR700-710D5-21 Engine Certification delegated by EASA via Certification Action Item to Rolls-Royce Deutschland Design Organisation
- Implementation of ARP4754A and ARP4761 into Rolls – Royce Deutschland Design Assurance System for FADEC development
- Design Organisation Approval: Currently in discussion with EASA for implementation of ARP4754A into Design Assurance Systems for development of Complicated and Complex Aircraft Systems (Basis are experiences and lessons learned from Rolls-Royce BR700-710D5-21 Engine and Global 6500 Aircraft and Certification)
- Member of DOA Think Tank Working Group for Integration of external Software and AEH Design Supplier into Approved Design Organisations
- Rolls – Royce: Qualification of external CVE’s into RR plc and Rolls – Royce Design Assurance Systems for FADEC Software and AEH.
- Type Validation of BR700-725A1-12 Engine in China in CAAC Headquarters in Beijing
- Rolls – Royce Engine Type Validations (US, Russia, Egypt, Indonesia)
- Conducting of FADEC Design Supplier Integration Audits into Rolls-Royce Deutschland Design Assurance System
- Trainer Philotech Academy for Development of Complex Aircraft Systems and Safety Assessments according to APR4754A
With the increase in complexity and concurrent approaching of physical and technical limits on new aircraft generations, small residual design errors are becoming even less tolerable from the safety and the performance perspective compared to previously developed generations of aircraft.
Avoidance, detection and elimination of design and implementation errors are even more important. New development and safety assessment techniques and philosophies are required taking this matter of facts into consideration. ICAO Safety Manual directly calls the search for the so called „Safety Space“, the limits between prevention of accidents/unsafe conditions and prevention of bankruptcy, the „Management Dilemma“.
We gained considerable experiences over recent projects in aviation and safety engineering to assist you to dissolve this dilemma and-to balance your projects between those limits to ensure you will achieve your objectives in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
Showing of compliance with CS-23, CS-25, CS-E, especially CS-2X.1309 and CS-E 510 makes the introduction of the principles of ARP4754A, ARP4761 essential. It will lead to:
- get aircraft and system complexity under control
- satisfy your project and customer requirements